As a genre, horror has always been timeless and entertaining. Horror movies have been around ever since movies were invented in the first place. The horror genre has evolved greatly over the years, from the black-and-white era to the streaming era of today. People love horror movies because it enables them to handle negative emotions and fear in a proper way. Here are the 8 best streaming services for horror.
- Amazon Prime Video: Amazon Prime Video is one of the best OTT subscriptions that you’ll ever make. They have a fantastic collection of horror movies and limited web series at their disposal. If you want to watch something spooky and unsettling, Amazon Prime Video is definitely the best contender.
- Hulu: Even though Hulu does not have a very large catalogue of horror movies/shows, you can actually watch a lot of fantastic films and shows on it. Hulu is great if you want a subtle and smooth version of horror which doesn’t have any jump scares and gore.
- Netflix: In recent times, Netflix has come up with loads of original programming and content. A Netflix subscription is a really good idea if you enjoy Horror. “The Haunting of Hill House” and “The Haunting of Bly Manor” are some of the best limited web horror series in this genre.
- HBO Max: HBO has always come up with some fantastic TV productions such as True Detective and Chernobyl. If you want to watch classic horror of great quality, then HBO Max is a great platform. Their collection of horror films is very well-curated – such as “The Exorcist”, “Alien”, etc.
- Shudder: Shudder is a streaming platform owned by AMC Networks that primarily focuses on delivering horror movies and series to its viewers. It is a niche service and has a catalogue boasting some of the very best films in the genre. You can also watch acclaimed series like “NOS4A2”.
- YouTube TV: Did you know that you can enjoy films and TV series directly on the YouTube app? If you get YouTube Pro, then you can enjoy their collection of horror films and series for free. Even without a Pro subscription, you can rent/purchase films and shows easily.
- CBS All Access: If you enjoy the original programming developed by the CBS Channel, then you can get CBS All Access as well. They have a very good collection of horror movies and shows that you can access whenever you like. You can also use this to watch sports.
- NBC Peacock TV: NBC has recently rolled out their own streaming platform for viewers who can’t get enough of their original programming and movies. Peacock TV has a fantastic collection of horror movies and TV shows that you can enjoy. Also, Peacock TV is available at essentially zero cost.
These are the eight best platforms that you can use to watch the best horror movies and TV shows. Apart from these OTTs, you can also use additional streaming services such as Stremio or ShowTime.